- CNH Industrial N.V. and Farmers Edge announced that they have entered into a strategic digital agriculture agreement that will make available a portfolio of connectivity and agronomic solutions to Case IH and New Holland customers. Through this agreement, Case IH and New Holland Agriculture, the global agricultural brands of CNH Industrial, will provide their customers with access to FarmCommand.
- Four new agtech startups entered AgLaunch365 Phase I programming in Memphis. AgLaunch365 integrates startups with farmers in the AgLaunch Farmer Network to create and implement sophisticated field trial protocols and prepare for funding by aligned capital sources. This 6-week program, delivered through remote programming and in-person sessions held in Memphis, will culminate at the Farm Journal AgTech Expo in Indianapolis December 3-5, 2018.
- Ag Leader unveiled new guidance and steering solutions including a dual-antenna automated steering system and the latest in GNSS technology to be added to its already high-end precision agriculture guidance and steering line.
- S&W Seed Company announced that it has acquired certain assets and assigned contracts of Chromatin, a U.S.-based sorghum operator which entered into receivership earlier this year. The purchase price was $26.5 million.
- Agrellus has added aerial and ground custom application services to its mobile and online ag input marketplace. Grower members can customize requests by crop; choose targets like insect, weed, seeding or defoliation; select rate per acre or get advice on correct rates or best product for their needs.
- Almost 200 scientists and organization leaders engaged with 41 researchers and subject matter experts during a two-day Conference on Connections Between Soil Health and Human Health offered by the Soil Health Institute on October 16–17, 2018.
- Under Secretary of Agriculture for Marketing and Regulatory Programs Greg Ibach will discuss the future of plant breeding innovation, including federal policies around gene editing, at ASTA’s CSS 2018 & Seed Expo, Dec. 3-6 in Chicago. Ibach will take part in a panel discussion during the Plant Breeding Innovation session on Thursday, Dec. 6.
- HELM Agro US, Inc. announced the hiring of Adam Hensley as the company’s new Marketing and Business Development Leader.